Friday, 17 October 2008

Sneaky Reader

I went to my pit last night at about 9.30pm I was just too tired to sit up and entertain myself by reading funny blogs and making nasty comments on people's Facebook walls. Cos that really is what I do to entertain myself :)


So when Haw came to bed, it was nearly midnight. (He gets called Haw after Rab Ha' (pronounced haw), the famous Glasgow greedy guts.) He made such a din coming to bed, the theatrical sighs, the constant coughing, the incessant rustling of the covers...


Me: "WHAT IS IT ROBBIE???!!!"


Robbie: "So you're awake then?"


Me: "I am now, you inconsiderate so and so." (OK - so I've toned down the language for you all, but you can imagine my choice of words after being woken up by a noisy imbecile who thinks it amusing to see how in the space of a few short hours my hair has become what looks like a retreat for hibernating guinea pigs.)


Robbie: "Well, do you want to know why I'm late to bed? (he doesn't even wait for an answer - he knew I wasn't in the least bit interested.) I found your blog and read it all.


Cut to me and my crazy bed head sitting upright in bed staring at him in mute disbelief.


Now, obviously my blog is out there in the webby world for all to see. And I'm glad you all come by and have a wee read and even happier when you leave a comment. (While we're on this subject - why is it SO good to get comments?!)


But when he told me he'd been reading my blog, I felt invaded! I mean... there were comments about him in there. And now he keeps on reciting the ONE nice comment I made about him in my last post about how I love him "Enormously".


See? That's what happens when I'm nice to the boy. It gets slapped in my face. That's why I need to keep him on his toes by not being too kind and loving all the time:)


But I did find it odd to have him read my blog. I mean... he knows me. And I suppose you all do to an extent:) But it's different, cos I could be be painting myself as one hot chica that is super talented and a complete wonder woman, and you'd all have to believe me, cos... well, how would you know if I were lying? FYI.... I AM one hot chica and super talented and a complete wonder woman. ;)


Is it weird though that I almost confide in people that I've never met - may never meet, or people that don't see me at all often? Why is it OK for you read my blog and not my husband?! Why do I LOVE to read your comments on my blog, but wince when I hear Robbie's comments on it!?


Anyway... all random questions. He's not reading it again. He won't want to. COS IF YOU'RE READING THIS, HAW, I'VE GOT SOME PICS THAT I DON'T THINK YOU'LL WANT TO HAVE FLOATING AROUND THE WEB...



Don't worry folks - they're only ghastly pics of him when he was a teenager. Nothing too bad ;)


8 comments:

Jen said...

I agree. Husbands and blogs just don't quite fit. I try to make mine read something every once in awhile - so he can see how witty and charming his wife really is - but somehow it never seems to hold his attention...

And there goes my ego. So much for witty and/or charming.

Love the bedhead visual, by the way.

Julie said...

I just have to say...I love your blog! As for the sneaky reader, I would feel violated too. I mean saying something nice and having it in writing can be very dangerous and used against you at any time! Watch out!!!

Carol said...

Rob (as in mine not yours) checks mine daily but rarely ever comments on what I write. Though I have started sneaking subliminal messages into my posts in an attempt to improve his husbandness.

Funny how we're all happier to bear our souls to virtual strangers. I guess it really must be cheapo therapy.

Shauna said...

I love your posts! Thank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog :) Have a super weekend!

Anonymous said...

Psycho Hose Beast!

Claire said...

Thanks Rob, for reading my blog and commenting.

chloereeseblog said...

I can't remember all the millions of user names and passwords we're required to have on EVERYTHING so I stupidly use the same one A LOT. That said, next thing I know hubby has hacked in. You can't risk that kind of invasion on a blog...a bank account no biggie...but a blog. Yikes! Word to the wise- make sure the blog password is legit. :)

I can't believe funny funny you came to my blog. I'm pleased but now I should think of some funny things to post about.

Natalie said...

Isn't that the truth? It makes me nervous to know that my DH has read my blog too. For forever I had a myspace & he was not into that sort of thing. Then, all of a sudden he got a myspace too and checks up on mine all the time. I feel like he's invading my privacy. Strange that...