Friday, 28 November 2008

A complaint.


As a consumer of many fine and expensive face creams, I have a complaint to make. They don't seem to be doing the job. I have used all those creams that promise to 'get rid of the fine lines' and 'reduce deep set wrinkles'. I have even used cheap face creams, and baby cream, and baby bottom cream. I've even gone as far as to use the special type of cream that is meant for bottys only....you know, the stuff that comes with an applicator.. ahem. Don't worry though - I used it when the tube was brand new and hadn't been used for any other 'area' - only to slap on my wizened old face. I said face.


So you would imagine I'd be a picture of youthful beauty. On a good day, I think I look not too bad, actually. Well, if you're standing at least 5 feet away from me, I look pretty good.


Tell me why then, my 2 year old daughter keeps asking about the "stripes" I have on my face.


Does anyone know the number of David Gest's plastic surgeon? I think it's the only way.

7 comments:

in time out said...

oh, the wrinkles on my forehead. i just told the kids that they are my worry lines. i have one for each of them, and every time they make me worry another one pops up.

don't know about the plastic surgery. i have heard that hemorrhoid cream works really well to tighten facial lines.

happy turkey recovery day.

Heidi said...

You know I just said to Rhett the other day, "Look at these wrinkles, Rhett. I'm getting old."

Which, of course, he took to mean that I wanted sex to feel better.

Which was not true.

in time out said...

of course, why wouldn't that make you feel better, works for them..

he he.

Beeswax said...

I just got my family pictures back and the photographer soft-focused the heck outta me, a la Robert Redford, until I look better than I did at 15. So I figure, who needs to actually look good, when you have lovely pictures of yourself you can stare at, instead of mirrors? Is cheaper than creams.

Jen said...

I think you're right. Although there's always botox... Wouldn't that be nice? I personally have two little lines that never go away, and I gave up on all those stupid face creams too.

There's just nothing worse than false hope.

Carol said...

Oh love. Sue all the face cream companies for having useless products and spend the cash on botox.

My father in law was just telling me lots of his colleagues are branching out to offer botox in their dental practices.

Because that's what will make life better simultaneous botox and root canal treatment.

Melissa Bastow said...

I have wrinkles too. But I'm not old. I swear I was just 22 and wrinkle-less. And that was just yesterday. Right? Yesterday? Sure....

Stupid wrinkles.