Tuesday, 18 November 2008

I'm looking for the light...

...at the end of the tunnel. But I seem to be in one heck of a long tunnel!! I mean... seriously - who else wants to be sick in this house?! Don't my family know that I have NO patience, NO bedside manner, NO compassion!?!??!

If you've been wondering why my posts have been somewhat lacking recently (I know you've all been lying awake at night thinking about it. Wondering how you can go on without a regular instalment of my bleating and moaning about nothing in particular...) it's been because there's been too many people in my wee family being sick. I told you about Eilidh. And I thought I was out of the woods. Of course, it has to do the rounds. My washing machine has been on double time. My place is generating a mahoosive carbon footprint. Even though I'm washing everything on a 30 degree wash, like a good girl. OK - I lied - a 40 degree wash. 30 degrees just doesn't cut it. And yes, I'm still using double the amount of fabric softener, so my footprint's going way up on that front too. Whatever - my washing smells good.

Anyway. Long story short - lots of sickness, lots of washing, lots of needy people, not a lot of time to tell you all about it, not a lot of you would want to hear about it.

A couple of thoughts...

  • The gym (since I told you about it in my last post). I'm going... am enjoying making myself suffer. What's with that? Anyway.. I've realised that this haircut of mine does NOT look good when wringing with sweat. Well - whose hair does? But mine almost recoils as though repelled by my huge red sweaty face. Recoils in to some kind of Lego helmet hair piece. So, picture me with a face as big as a bin lid with a tiny but bulbous helmet do sat on top.... wringing in sweat. I really am a visual treat (and by the time I'm finished, I'm a treat for the nose too..;))

  • Why is it that right now, I'm TOTALLY in love with my bed. I mean, I love it at the best of times, but right now I daydream about it. I always convince myself that as soon as the kids are in their beds, I'll go to mine. But i never seem to do it. I mean, it's 23.12 right now, and I'm still tapping away on this....

  • You can totally tell that the Christmas season is just round the corner. You know how I know? Well... apart from all the decorations going up everywhere, and being reminded all the time... I know because people are starting to be horrible to one another. We were at a shopping centre on Saturday, and already, the car park is overcrowded and people shout and swear at one another and argue about who was waiting longest for a space and "do you think I'm sat here waiting for a space for the good of my health?" People are rude in shops and all manners seem to go out the window. Everybody just seems to be in a foul mood this time of year... when in actual fact, it's meant to be the opposite. Naturally, I go along with the crowd and am in a foul mood about the onset of Christmas. That's because I'm a Scrooge and can't be doing with it. I enjoy Christmas Day, because it means that the lead up to it is over. Hehehe... I'm such a miserable sod. Truly. I'm not ashamed.

  • I think I have an addiction to potatoes. I know it's a rubbish addiction to have, but it's still a real addiction. Every single day I have to have a dirty big portion of... just potatoes. I'm such a freak. I keep having to go up to Asda to feed my addiction... and my face. Though I console myself that they're low in points (little bit of the ol' Weight Watchers chat for you there...) and so graze on them some more...

Anyway.. Random post. Random thoughts. How are all of you?!

8 comments:

Julie said...

I have compassion on the sick for about 10 minutes then I'm done. I feel your pain on the laundry aspect too...what a pain!

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

Sorry to hear there has been sickness in your house! Hope you are all feeling better soon! ♥ Hugs!

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

So sorry to hear there has been sickness in your house! Hope you are all feeling better soon! ♥ Hugs!

Jen said...

Okay, can you just start a blog about your gym adventures? Or better yet, why don't we be gym buddies? If only there wasn't that time difference...

(Still chuckling over here)

Melissa Bastow said...

It's only natural to use twice the amount of fabric softener when washing stuff that has been puked on. In fact, it's a necessity.

I love your gym description - the lego helmet head painted an awesome mental picture. I'm going to just think of you like that ALL the time now. You know, just for fun. For MY fun.

Maike said...

Why should you show compassion...no one will have compassion for you when you're sick, right? I know, I'm so christlike...
Hope things get better quick.

Carol said...

Time for the sick to be gone already. By now honey I would have checked myself into a Travelodge and left them all to it!

Currently washing all our G's on a 90 degree wash. In the vain hope they'll look as good as new.

in time out said...

i have a great pumpkin pie recipe. when I drag it out i will send it your way. easy and yummy. sorry you don't have turkey day. my dad's family is from scottland. they have a lot of cool holidays, in fact my home town is called Highland, after my family founded it. i will check in to read you. i like your blog.