Monday, 23 March 2009

My baby. My chubby little baby.

My baby girl, Esther turned a year old last week. A year!? A year since the horrific birth? A year since the mastitis? A year since the trying to quench her insatiable appetite every hour? A year since I made the resolve that my loins would be fruit free from now on?


And yes, people... I'm going to tell you a little bit about the birth. But nothing yucky, so don't worry. But I want you all to know, so that you can send me medals and trophies to highlight how good and fantastic I was to give birth a year ago.


Esther was overdue. I had to be induced. i felt kind of jipped about that, cos she was my third. Aren't the second, third (or heaven forbid.. fourth?) meant to come early, or at least on time?! Anyway - she was induced 10 days late. It was rubbish.


........................................................................................................................................................................



OK - so I had typed a whole load of stuff about the birth there, and I felt better after having typed it. So much better. But it was boring and I'm not sure anybody wanted to hear about it. So i deleted it. Anyway. Put it this way... Esther was a horrible birth. No pain medication. 10lbs baby. No husband... He'd buggered off to lie down in the waiting room. He wasn't feeling well. AND ROBBIE, DON'T BE ANNOYED THAT I TYPED THAT. I WRITE THE TRUTH. If you want to let your version of events known, you can leave a comment.


And I know that childbirth is hardly a walk in the park, but really... don't make me EVER go through that again. (By the way, Robbie... if you're still reading this, our bunk beds arrive next week... just to make certain...)


So - we all know that I'm selfish. I don't mind admitting that. I mean, this was meant to be a post about my baby turning a year old. And instead, I made it all about me and the hard time I had delivering her.


But that's just the way it goes. It's all about me. All of the time. And can I just say.. I make really good babies. I mean - look at her. She's booteefoo. I really am good.



Ps. Thanks for visiting, Debbie and Kim.. ;)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Precious picture! Thanks for sharing :)

Jill said...

She is Beautiful! And I would love to hear the details sometime, having been through it 4 times myself. Though Scott has never missed a birth. And if he had-there wouldn't be another because well....

Remember the deformed conversation? It would've been had he missed a birth.

Jen said...

You do seem to have a pretty good recipe. What do you throw in for curls? I could never manage to produce any.

Melissa Bastow said...

She is the cutest one year old of the day (I can't say of all time, because how horrible of a mother would I be if I gave my kids a second rate standing in the over all cuteness factors of one year olds? Really.) And seriously, 10 pounds with no pain drugs or a husband to scream at? It's not surprising that you don't want to produce another curly headed darling again.

Cammie said...

Yes, you do make gorgeous babies! Seriously, they have these cherub faces that melt my heart. . . and their hair. . .don't get me started on the curls!

Julie said...

She is such an adorable girl! Your kids have the greatest hair and eyes! I cannot believe you had a baby without meds. Way to go!

Carol said...

I love that Robbie chose not to defend himself. When I had Eli I kind of wanted Rob to not be there. He irritated me beyond belief.

Happy Birthday Esther!