Friday, 3 April 2009

So long, farewell.

And whatever the rest of the lyrics of that Rogers and Hammerstein favourite are... Cos they are my sentiments.

So long and farewell. For this shall be the last entry to my blog.


And now I'm busy thinking about The Sound of Music, and how great it would be to have your kids respond to the toot of a whistle. Hmm... how to implement... how to implement... And I liked how they were all dressed in Sailor outfits. I do like my kids to match whenever possible... And I would love to have the skills to make clothes out of curtains. Or just to be able to make simple pencil pleat curtains would be good too..


Anyway... back to the blog... or not.


I bid you all a good night and farewell. Thanks for stopping by. And I shall drop in on you all from time to time... like a good fairy, not in a creepy stalker kind of way.


Night night.


Claire

9 comments:

Jill said...

NOOOOOOOO!!! Why are you escaping the blogging world? Your entries make me laugh and although I get to chat on a fairly regular basis, it's not the same as reading your composed hillarious-ness!

So I say, NO, to the blog farewell.
And I am the boss-so NO!

Melissa Bastow said...

Really? You can't really go, or my laughter quota will never be filled again.

Jen said...

WHAT!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T GO! WE'RE SOUL-BLOG-SISTERS!!!!

I feel as if part of me is dying. Seriously. This stinks.

Carol said...

Hey! You can't do that. You're far too entertaining. Get over yourself lady and blog on!

Beehive Properties said...

What's the prob? I don't understand! Do you need me to send you some treats? Cause I will.

Reasons you must blog on, even if infrequently:

First, you are funny and real. You are a good writer. I still sometimes think about your trip to the weight watchers meeting. And I laugh and laugh.

Second, I like to drop your name about town. At my panini party for book club last Thursday, I sipped my Italian soda and said something like: "well, my blogging friend Claire in Scotland says..." you get the idea.

Third, blogging is good for you brain. If you blog regularly, you will not get alzheimers. Is a scientific fact (that I'm sure someone will test soon).

Fourth, if you stop blogging, I will be bored and forced to go to the gym. Is horrifying reality.

Fifith, My ancestor Archibald Brown of suburban Edinburgh a la 1590 will haunt you if you quit.

So I will leave you up on my blog for awhile, hoping that you will reconsider this ill-conceived notion!

Beeswax said...

Sorry, that last one was me, signed in as my husband's company.

Cammie said...

,.;/..',,;;'.,;'.,,.;..;,;,;,',',/./;;',.;'..';';';';.'.'.';.''''

Above are the tears I've shed after reading your post!

Julie said...

I get blogged out too...they are hard to keep up with, but your posts are great! I hope your just taking a break and not quitting!!

Jill said...

And again...I protest.

Honestly.

Just do it.

You know you want to...

And it's not guff. It's funny.