Tuesday, 20 October 2009

I bet Heidi Klum has the same problem...

"So - I was getting dressed this morning. In front of an unwanted audience. All the girls were playing on my bed. It's now at a stage where i try and dress like I'm in a public place - you know, trying to dress while stilll holding a towel. They judge me. Seriously.

Hannah - 'Mummy, why are your pom poms so big? Cos you have to feed all the children?'

Eilidh - 'Mumma (I don't know why the hell she calls me this, but she does. Hopefully it's a phase that she will grow out of), why are your pom poms so floppy? Is it cos you're so tired?

Well. I apparently have to provide succor to children all over the world, and the resulting droopiness of my boobs is proportionate to my exceeding tiredness. Another thing I've learned is that all children will need to be banished from my room while I am changing. Cos my self esteem can't take it anymore."

6 comments:

Jill said...

I think my favorite thing about this entire post is that your girls refer to "the girls" as pom poms.

Banish them indeed.
But be glad you are teaching them such selfless lessons.

Kimberley said...

I am laughing so much I might actually wee myself!!!!!

Julie said...

You are so funny! I am just longing for the day when I can use the bathroom without an audience. I am also glad my audience doesn't have a commentator like yours or I'd be in big trouble! I am sure it is coming soon.

Beeswax said...

These sorts of comments from my own children are among my treasured memories. But I don't think Heidi and I have much in common. Like I doubt she's up right now in the middle of the dang night reading blogs and scarfing her kids Halloween candy.

P.S. Please send your girls over here. I always wanted kids with darling accents.

Cammie said...

Hilarious. Seriously hilarious. My "rubies" have also been the awkward subject matter in our home (Soren's word for boobies). I'm fine with his word for them . . .just in case my little four year old says a comment in public that would go over better if people thought he was actually talking about the big or long "rubies".

meredith* said...

I'm envisioning this moment with your daughters and I'm laughing so hard my cheeks hurt! we call them "the girls" around here (among other things). after just one kid, my girls often point south these days. precious.