Thursday, 5 November 2009

Who the Fawkes that?!

Remember, remember, the fifth of November.

I'd like to tell you why, but i can't be bothered, so click this link and read for yourselves.

Eilidh was excited about having a Bonfire night 'celebration'. She loves thinking that everything is a celebration. We've just finished with our Halloween celebrations, now our Guy Fawkes celebrations, and soon we'll have Christmas celebrations. She is a girl who loves any excuse for a party. *dreading her teenage years...*

So, as we were about to brave the cold and wave a couple of meagre, but obligatory sparklers in the air, she asked me about Guy Fawkes.

E: "Mummy - who is Guy Fawkes?"

Me: "He was a man who wanted to blow up the Houses of Parliament."

E: "Where's that?"

Me: "In London. It's where they decide all the rules and laws for our country." (Give me a break - we were trying to get out the door, in time to 'celebrate'.. this wasn't the time for a lesson in politics. Ok - so I was giving her a brush off statement.)
E: "Did he have a strong breath?"
................................................................

OK - so maybe more lessons in politics, history and the english language are needed. And less stories about the Three Little Pigs.






Don't ask.... Hannah likes to celebrate Guy Fawkes night, by holding a Sally head....


7 comments:

Chris and Kristy said...

That last photo was just disturbing! I thought, "Wow, Claire has an old looking daughter." Then I realized it was just a head. Too funny!!

Beeswax said...

That head is super creepy. I wish we had a cool holiday where we could burn people in effigy. In the desert we aren't even allowed sparklers on the 4th of July.

Melissa Bastow said...

Any party with sparklers is a good party. Except that every single child of mine is afraid of sparklers, which is a real bummer since I love fireworks of any kind.

Leslie said...

love that. hahaha. that title really pulled me in. :)

sweet little girl, but that doll head is scary. :)

Jen said...

Not to worry - any child with those eyes, and that hair doesn't need a full command of the English language.

I would be concerned about the partying, however...

Cammie said...

I love LOVE these photos! The last one is so funny. Why not hug a life sized fake head?

Motherboard said...

That's it! I'm moving to Scotland!

But if I do, do I have to let my kids play with the Doll head? It's sort of creepy!