Friday, 4 June 2010

Things that make me cry.

 

I have been rather emotional of late.  For no reason, other than I’m a girl.  Yes, that’s a valid excuse. 

  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  Really – does this need any explanation?  Though Ty’s little beard thing makes me cry.  Cry for him. It’s bad.
  • Pictures of my friend’s newborn little girl.  I know how long she’s waited for her.  And she’s beautiful.
  • Early mornings. 
  • Body Attack class.  I really don’t know what that one’s about.  Probably just tiredness from the aforementioned early mornings…  Or crying cos I realise my body is going to have to be attacked with a scalpel to make any real difference.
  • Odd socks.  Unless there are people in this house wearing three socks at a time, I just don’t know what’s going on there.  I really hope Robbie’s not wearing three socks.  The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the only people that could get away with it.  And even then…
  • No more baby gate.  Really – I was sobbing when I took that away from the top of the stairs.  We just didn’t need it.  Cos my babies are big.  And there’s no more babies.  And so there were tears.. :(
  • Lazytown’s ‘Teamwork’ song.  Really!! 
  • Turning 34.  I was 34 last week.  Wow.  Old.  Ever since I turned 30, I’ve had a couple of tears on my birthday. I don’t want to be old! :(

Well.  I think I’ve listed most things.  But, there are things that make me happy.

  • Chocolate and sweets.

Do you need my address to send me some? 

dianna's toes

5 comments:

Beeswax said...

happy birthday! I'm not going to send you anything, cause when I turned 21 in London, my Mom sent me a present from home, and when it arrived, the postman told me I had to pay an 80 pound tax or tariff or some such nonsense which I'm sure was just them trying to recoup some of the costs associated with the Boston Tea Party. So I didn't pay the tax, and they sent it back to the US, by way of every continent on the earth except Antarctica, and I know cuz they stamped it, and then my birthday present finally arrived at my apartment in Provo shortly before my 22nd birthday. But maybe things have changed since then, and I should mail you a gift.

I can't take body attack class. I fall over on the ground.

Melanie J said...

I understand why these things make you cry, but the sock thing made me laugh.

Melissa Bastow said...

You ARE old. I'm only 22, and I have super perky boobs, and no wrinkles to speak of. I'm also totally lying. However you are a couple years older than me (so you really better never mention having perky boobs or I'm going to smack you...which will be hard seeing as there's an ocean between us.)

I think I will send you all of our odd socks in the hopes that they match some of yours.

Sarah loves it all said...

Extreme Home Makeover is the worst. I seriously don't even watch it anymore. I've been known to cry during Oprah, the news, reading the obituaries, seeing someone else cry, I'm the most sensitive person ever.

SpaGirl*Haven said...

Oh my! Didn't know you had taken Dina's pic of her odd socks to use. Does this mean you want some of your own????