Saturday, 2 October 2010

Romance?

The girls were watching Snow White  this morning.  When she started singing down the wishing well, I got emotional and started crying.  Pfft.  Clearly the monthlies are on their way.  Cos I’m not usually this soft and sentimental.

Anyway.  Just as Snow White is warbling in the well, the handsome prince hears her and starts joining in the singing.  She runs off, pretending to be coy. And the prince continues to serenade her by singing the rest of the lyrics of her song.

I told the girls that their Daddy sings to their Mummy like that, cos he’s my Prince Charming.  They ALL laughed.  Reasons they didn’t think I had a convincing argument?

1. Daddy doesn’t have a cape like the Prince.

2. Daddy can’t sing.

3. I don’t have a well.

 

Don’t worry, Rob.  If you’re reading this, you are my Prince Charming.  I can tell from the way you ‘sing’  The Smiths/Morrissey songs to me.  Nothing says ‘love’, like Girlfriend in a Coma and You’re the One for me, Fatty.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

hahaha. once again. i got a good laugh.

i have never even HEARD of that song before now. you crack me up.

thank you.

Tina said...

I never grow tired of your humor. You are a genius.

Beeswax said...

But if he'd sing it in a cape, it would be even better.