Saturday, 6 November 2010

'There were three of us in this marriage, it was a bit crowded'

 

..said Princess Dianna, referring to herself, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles (now, strangely enough, the wife of Prince Charles.)

Now – I’m only using her statement to illustrate a point.  Don’t go taking it literally, or in the way she had intended. 

I don’t have a Camilla Parker Bowles.  I have something else.  Something I can’t compete with.  Something more confusing than a woman’s mind.  Something that can be called beautiful but is also ugly.  Something that leaves me wondering what all the fuss is about.

football

Glasgow Rangers.

I once (foolishly) asked Robbie if he loved me more than the Gers.  Even though I knew the answer.  But how can you make a man choose between you and his lifelong obsession, his family instilled love for his team and the game, passed down from generation to generation of Campbell men?  His very raison d’etre?

You can’t.

Though one day, he did tell me that he loved me AS much as the Gers.  That, in my book, was the same as telling me that he loved me to the moon and back.  And that will do. Smile

2 comments:

Melissa Bastow said...

That's funny. At least he loves something exciting and awesome in which to compare you to. My husband gets all excited about politics....I don't even ask if he loves me as much, because I really don't want an answer.

Jill said...

I love it.

You have uplifted, inspired and amused.
Don't think you haven't and don't sell yourself short.

Thanks for living up to my expectations.